It may be time to rewire your house Willington CT. There are several clear warning signs evident when your electrical circuits should be inspected. The most obvious include dimming lights, a burning smell, hot or discolored switch plates, cords, or plugs. Do you get an electric shock when you touch a cord, or do the circuit breakers trip frequently? Unless you have your wiring inspected, how do you know that your home’s wiring is in good shape? As local electrical contractors, we are often called out by homeowners when there is a serious problem with their electrical service. According to the U.S. Fire Administration, fire departments respond to an estimated 25,900 home electrical fires each year in the United States. Property loss totals about $1.1 billion, and of course the combined average loss of life and injuries total 1,400. It is in everyone’s best interest to live in a home free from the risk of electrical outlet or receptacle malfunction or electrical wiring failure.
Your home’s wiring should absolutely be checked if your home is more than 40 years old. If you must rely on extension cords for power, or have added new major appliances, call us. The electrical system in your home may need to be repaired or updated by a licensed electrical contractor. Although a complete rewire with a new electrical panel can be a big expense, isn’t the safety of your family worth it? AJP Electric is a local family-owned electrical contractor with 20 years of experience in your neighborhood. AJP Electric LLC is open 6 days a week from 7 am to 7 pm for your convenience, with emergency service available. Call when you have a question about an electrical issue and ask for a free quote: 860-875-7755.