When to upgrade your electrical panel – Ashford CT
Looking to upgrade your electrical panel in Ashford CT? For your safety, it is important to know when to upgrade your electrical panel. AJP Electric LLC is a licensed and insured electrical contractor serving all of Connecticut. We offer professional residential and commercial electrical services, including electrical panel upgrades.
When to upgrade your electrical panels
- If your home or business is over 40 years old, it may be time to upgrade your electrical panel. This is because older homes often have outdated wiring and panels that are not up to current safety standards.
- If you have had more than one circuit breaker trip in the past few months, it may indicate that your panel is overloaded and needs to be upgraded.
- If you are renovating your home or business, you may need to upgrade the panel to accommodate new appliances and devices.
- If your panel has any visible signs of damage, such as discoloration or rust, it is important to have it evaluated by a professional electrician to determine if it needs to be replaced.
The panel process for upgrading your electrical panels?
- Assess the size and condition of your current electrical panel – A professional electrician will inspect your panel to determine the size and condition of your current panel. This will help them determine what type of panel will best suit your needs.
- Choose the type of panel – The electrician will recommend the best type of panel for your home or business based on your needs. This could include a standard panel, a circuit breaker panel, or a sub-panel.
- Install the new panel – The electrician will then install the new panel and connect it to your home’s existing wiring. They will also make sure that all safety measures are in place, such as GFCI outlets, AFCI circuit breakers, and surge protection devices.
- Test the new panel – Once the panel is installed, the electrician will test it to make sure it is functioning properly. This is an important step to ensure the safety of your home.
- Final inspection – The electrician will then perform a final inspection to make sure that all components are working properly. After this, the panel is ready to use.
If you think it may be time to upgrade your electrical panel in Ashford CT, contact AJP Electric LLC today for a professional assessment. We would be happy to answer any questions you may have. Call 1-860-875-7755 today.